I’m Jess, an Australian beauty blogger and YouTuber, and welcome to my “About” page. I’ve been a content creator on YouTube for a good few years now, and I’m pumped to bring you a few extra morsels through my blog.
A few thrilling facts about me:
- I’m a qualified primary school teacher! I graduated from the Queensland University of Technology in 2012 with First Class Honours. However, by the end of my degree, I realised that being a teacher wasn’t for me. Having said that…
- … I spent two years teaching English in Japan. I’ve had a love for Japan and Japanese culture since I was 10! Being able to live out a long-standing dream of teaching in such a fascinating country was actual goals. I loved it! It’s now my second home.
- I’m a vegan! This usually either freaks people out, or draws their curiosity. While I’m happy to chat about veganism, I’m not going to push it in your face. Please feel free to ask me any questions about it if you’re interested!
- I absolutely cannot handle horror movies. I get scared way too easily!
- I’m low-key obsessed with the internet. Depending on which news source you read, I’m either a Gen Y, or a Millennial. Either way, the moment I had dial-up internet as a teen, I was hooked. Thank Jeebus we don’t have to scream “MUM, YOU CAN’T USE THE PHONE BECAUSE I’M ON THE INTERNET!” in our homes anymore!
Blogging alongside my YouTube is a great challenge, and I enjoy being able to support my channel with written posts. But this is an evolving beast! While I focus on acne and skincare on YouTube, my blog often deviates into more personal territory. As it evolves, I hope to bring a focus to my content here, while keeping it upbeat, engaging and full of information you can actually use!
If any or all of that sounds like your cup of tea, then feel free to subscribe for updates (Bloglovin’ is a fab tool for this!)
Cheers, and I’ll catch you in the comments!