I’m Jess, an Australian blogger and YouTuber. I’ve been a content creator on YouTube for a good few years now, and I’m pumped to bring you a few extra morsels through my blog.
A few thrilling facts about me:
- I’m a qualified primary school teacher! I graduated from the Queensland University of Technology in 2012 with First Class Honours. However, by the end of my degree, I realised that being a teacher wasn’t for me. Having said that…
- … I spent two years teaching English in Japan. I’ve had a love for Japan and Japanese culture since I was 10! Being able to live out a long-standing dream of teaching in such a fascinating country was actual goals. I loved it! It’s now my second home.
- I’m a vegan! This usually either freaks people out, or draws their curiosity. While I’m happy to chat about veganism, I’m not going to push it in your face. Please feel free to ask me any questions about it if you’re interested!
- I absolutely cannot handle horror movies. I get scared way too easily!
- I’m low-key obsessed with the internet. Depending on which news source you read, I’m either a Gen Y, or a Millennial. Either way, the moment I had dial-up internet as a teen, I was hooked. Thank Jeebus we don’t have to scream “MUM, YOU CAN’T USE THE PHONE BECAUSE I’M ON THE INTERNET!” in our homes anymore!
These days, I also mentor others wanting to get stuck into YouTube, through my business YT Basics! Contact me if you want to know more about this, and get involved.
If any or all of that sounds like your cup of tea, then feel free to subscribe for updates (Bloglovin’ is a fab tool for this!)
Cheers, and I’ll catch you in the comments!